Friday, January 2, 2009

Book Reviews - Restorative Justice Across the East and the West

One of the ways that I support colleagues working in the fields of restorative justice and restorative practices in schools is to write and publish book reviews. I come to write these book reviews at the request of a journal editor, book publisher, the author or editor, or at my own initiative. After requesting a free copy of the book for review, I spend two to three months reading, re-reading, reflecting, critiquing, and writing the book review. I find a journal appropriate for the book to publish the review in; normally the authors/editors suggest a journal. Then I submit the book review for consideration.
My latest book review will appear in the February 2009 issue of the Journal of Comparative Social Welfare. That review is about a book titled Restorative Justice Across the East and the West, which is edited by Katherine Van Wormer. Professor Van Wormer is from the University of Northern Iowa and is an outstanding scholar in the field of restorative justice, particularly as related to social work. You can read that book review on my website at www.restorativejustice.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment