Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Institutionalizing restorative practices in schools

Today I was talking with my friend and colleague Beverly Title. I was talking about Institutionalizing restorative practices in schools. Beverly asked me how is the principle of voluntary participation upheld in this process. I answered that I differentiate between the institutional and individual levels. From my research I found that these practices Need to be mandatory at the institutional level or they are marginalized and do not affect the transformation needed to improve achievement and discipline for ethnically diverse students. However, on the individual level, people need to voluntarily participate in RJ or go the traditional route. Beverly asked that I share this idea on this blog, so I am. I would appreciate feedback.

No comments:

Post a Comment